Frequently asked questions1. What is Doneet? 2. What do I need to start a fundraiser? 3. Who can start a fundraiser? 4. What currencies and countries are supported by the platform? 5. How does money get transferred to my account? 6. How much does the platform charge? 7. How can I track the progress and edit my fundraisers? 8. How can I promote my fundraiser? 9. How can I contribute to a campaign? 10. How can I contact someone who started a fundraiser ? 11. How can I send a thank you message to my donors ? 12. If I set a target to a campaign, do I get penalized if I don't reach it ? 13. Do I need to set a specific goal to my fundraiser? 14. Do I need to set a specific duration for my campaign ? 15. Once my goal is achieved, Can I still accept donations to my campaign? 16. Once my time deadline is achieved, Can I still accept donations to my campaign? 17. My fundraiser had a closing date and was closed by the system, but I'd like to extend it, how can I activate it again? 18. My bank balance and the collected amount in my fundraiser don't match, What's going on? 19. Can my donors make payments with credit and debit cards? 20. Are my donations tax-deductible? 21. How can I delete my Campaign?
1. What is doneet? Doneet is a crowdfunding platform built for delivering humanitarian and charitable assistance. Unlike other crowdfunding platforms that focus on funding start-up projects for entrepreneurs, Doneet is a platform built for channeling donations to individuals and organizations.
2. What do I need to start a fundraiser? All that you need is a good cause and a Stripe or Paypal account to receive your funds. Once you have registered and choosen your payment provider you can easily create your campaign in 3 easy steps. If you Start a campaign using Paypal and want to receive credit or debit card payments, make sure that you have either a verified premier or business account. Otherwise, your donors can face some restrictions when trying to use a card to make a donation and you will only be able to receive funds from other Paypal accounts.
3. Who can start a fundraiser at Doneet? Any person or organization in our supported countries can start a fundraiser with Doneet.
4. What currencies and countries are supported by the platform? We have service in every country where Paypal is available with the exception of India, Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan. Campaigns using Stripe as a payment supplier are supported in the United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Users in these countries can start a fundraiser in the following currencies:
|Currency Code||Currency Name||Currency Code||Currency Name|
|AUD||Australian Dollar||CAD||Canadian Dollar|
|CZK||Czech Koruna||DKK||Danish Krone|
|HKD||Hong Kong Dollar||HUF||Hungarian Forint|
|ILS||Israeli New Shequel||JPY||Japanese Yen|
|MXN||Mexican Peso||NOK||Norwegian Krone|
|NZD||New Zealand Dollar||PHP||Philippine Peso|
|PLN||Polish Zloty||GBP||Pound Sterling|
|SEK||Swedish Krona||CHF||Swiss Franc|
5. How does money get transferred to my account? Every donation processed through our system, minus payment and service fees will be automatically directed to your account using the payment supplier that you have choosen during your account set up.
6. How much does the platform charge? Setting up your campaign with Doneet is completely FREE. The platform will charge a 5% administrative fee to cover operational costs on every donation made to your campaign. In addition, our payment suppliers will charge an approximate 4% payment fee for every donation made.
7. How can I track the progress of my campaign? After logging on to our site, you will be able to see a list of every fundraiser that you have started. If you click on the button "View detailed donations", you will be able to see a list of all the people that have contributed to each particular campaign. If you click on the campaign's title, you will be taken to your campaign's page, which you can edit by clicking on the "Edit content" tab.
8. How can I promote my fundraiser? Don't be shy !, There are many people that are happy to help you out. The best start for a campaign is to share it with your social media contacts and encourage others in your network to share it as well. If you have a particular compelling story for your campaign, you can also contact some of your local journalists to make them aware of the campaign. This is very easy to do through twitter. Remember that newspapers, mainstream and internet media are under constant pressure for new stories, and they could give your campaign a big boost. You can also consider using other social sites like Reddit, Digg or newsvine. What's important with campaign promotion is creativity and relevance. Look for blogs, subreddits, and promotion tools within your particular niche (E,g. environmentalists, disaster-relief, etc.).
9. How can I contribute to a campaign on Doneet ? Simply visit the campaign's site, select the suitable amount and click on the "donate" button.
10. How can I contact someone who started a campaign ? Click on the "Support in another form" tab located at the right side of the campaign. A "Send a message" link should appear for those campaigns that have enabled this feature. Alternatively, you can also Click on the user picture of the campaign that you would like to contact, A contact tab should appear at the top of the user's page. If you don't see this tab, the user has disabled this feature and cannot be contacted.
11. How can I send a thank you message to my donors? After logging on to the site, Your donor's email adresses are available by clicking the "view detailed donations" button on your dashboard.
12. If I set a goal to a campaign, do I get penalized if I don't achieve it ? You will never get penalized on our platform, we are here to help you out, not to enforce punishments !
13. Do I need to set a specific goal for my fundraiser ? Our system allows you to start a fundraiser either with a specific target or without a specific target. Once you logon to the site and click on "Start a fundraiser", you will be able to choose the type of campaign that you would like to start.
14. Do I need to set a specific duration for my campaign? Yes. The maximum duration of your campaign will be limited depending on the Payment supplier that you use. Stripe campaigns can run for a maximum period of 12 months. Paypal campaigns can run for a maximum of 4 months.
15. Once my goal is achieved, Can my fundraiser still accept donations? Of course, your campaign will remain active until it reaches its closing date.
16. Once the closing date is reached, Can my campaign still accept donations? The system will no longer process donations after your closing date has been reached.
17. My bank balance and the collected amount in my fundraiser don't match, What's going on? We estimate payment fees at a fixed 4%. These, however, change depending on the amounts and currencies processed, as well as the conditions of currency markets for international payments. As a result, the collected amount shown in your fundraiser will reflect an estimate of what you will actually receive. The actual amount may slightly vary.
19. Can my donors make payments with credit or debit cards? If you are running your campaign with Paypal, make sure that you upgrade your Paypal account to Business or Premier and verify it by adding a bank account. Otherwise, restrictions to credit and debit card payments may be placed by Paypal, and you will only be able to receive funds from other paypal accounts. If you are using Stripe: Yes, your donors can make payment with Visa, Mastercard, American Expresss, Discover, Diners Club, and JCB,
20. Are my donations tax-deductible? Doneet provides services to customers in many different countries and jurisdictions. As such, we are unable to provide any tax-related advice. Please consult with an appropriate tax specialist in your country or origin.
21. How can I delete my campaign? Click on the campaign that you would like to delete after logging on to the site. Click on tab # 3 "Updates and non financial support". If you navigate to the bottom of the page, a big red "Delete" button should appear. Click on it, confirm your decision and voila, your campaign is now gone.